OK, so about three weeks ago, childsplayx2 was kind enough to tag me with this little meme. He even went out of his way to let me know via email. I mumbled something back about taking some time off, but maybe I would get to it. Well, I may procrastinate, but I am a lass of my word. Here it is... in all its belated glory.
Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot.
Then you get to select five people to pass the love on to. This is in no way mandatory.
I am so late on this one... as a cheap out, please either visit five blogs on my blogroll that you have never read OR click through one of the blog rings below.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Oh wow, Jan. 1996. I was about to head back to school to prepare for finals and finish my junior paper (Topic: use of torture in colonial witch trials. Uplifting, huh?). Those of you also
doing time in purgatory residing on the East Coast at the time will remember the blizzard that hit the NE the second week of January… I was stuck at school for that with only a few bottles of vodka and some ramen noodles. Despite the meager rations, I was one of only a handful of juniors in the History Dept. of P’ton to turn in their JP on time. Three weeks later, I was on a cruise with seven pals… hands down, the cheesiest adventure of my life.
What were you doing one year ago?
One year ago, I was
cursing N. for getting me pregnant wishing my in-laws and my parents would just go home already and over-thinking my decision to paint Bean’s room blue (we did not know his sex at the time).
Five snacks you enjoy:
1) Kashi 7-grain crackers
2) Cupcakes (they’re mini-cakes, what is not to like)
3) Plain yogurt with honey
4) Queso… and not that Velveeta crap, either
5) Swedish Fish
Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
Jeez, only five… ok.
1) Rainbow Connection (Bean’s favorite) – Kermit the Frog
2) Battle of Who Could Care Less – Ben Folds Five (complete with doo-de-doos)
3) Fact of Life Theme Song
4) Jane Says – Jane’s Addiction
5) Sugar Magnolia – Grateful Dead
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
Child’s Play x2 made this multi-millionaire, so I am following suit. He also listed a number of very noble uses for his money… lets see if t’pon is feeling generous.
1) Buy a house on the Outer Banks (with a pool, so I don’t have to actually touch the sand).
2) Really develop my shoe and handbag collection
3) Move out of town onto a nice piece of ranch land and get a couple of horses
4) Start a foundation, or fund an organization like this one, to end homelessness
5) Continue frequenting cheap Chinese food dives and eating boxed Mac and Cheese to keep it real…
Five bad habits:
1) I curse… a lot
2) I refuse to learn my right and my left
3) I have a tendency to use the Bean as a means of getting out of things that I don’t want to do
4) I sometimes forget to keep my facial expressions in check
5) I interrupt N., a lot
Five things you like doing:
1) Watching TV
2) Chatting it up with my mama
3) Tickling the Bean
4) Reading books with N.
5) Going to the spa
Five things you would never wear or buy again:
1) The “poof” – ladies, you know what I am talking about
2) Wet and Wild lipstick in cotton candy pink
3) Neon anything… but especially neon lace
4) A cheerleading uniform. Sorry, N. my bloomer days are over
5) Sweaters with “wings” AND shoulder pads
Five favorite toys:
1) My iPod
2) My car
3) Bean’s legos
4) the TiVO
5) Mr Potato Head and his bucket of parts.